Inkster Junction Station
Praire Dog Central Railway Route
Inkster Junction Station is located on Prairie Dog Trail, on the north side of Inkster Boulevard between Sturgeon Road and Route 90. Immediately north of Winnipeg's Airport, it is accessible from any direction.
Map to Prairie Dog Central
- From Inkster turn North onto Wheatfield Road at the traffic lights
- From Wheatfield Road immediately turn West (left) onto Park Royale Way
- If Wheatfield Road is closed due to construction:
- Drive past Wheatfield Road and take the next right turnoff
- At the stop sign turn left on to Park Royale Way
Originally located immediately west of St. James Street and Portage Avenue near Polo Park, it was constructed in 1910 by the Canadian Northern Railway as the southernmost station on what was called the Oak Point Subdivision. A Canadian Heritage Railway Station, it was moved to its present location in February 2000.
Now owned by The Vintage Locomotive Society Inc., it has been restored to a condition which provides passengers with a sense of its history while at the same time providing functional utility with a ticket agent cage and a souvenir and gift shop, the Freight Shed. Old luggage, cream and milk cans, wrought iron benches and a baggage wagon on the platform add to the historical ambiance. The floor plan of the station includes two waiting rooms, a station agent's office for ticket sales, and a baggage and freight room.